Saturday, November 7, 2009

Oriental Pavilion at PJ Seksyen 13 (Jaya 33)

I must say that the dishes in Chinese restaurants have improved tremendously from innovative presentations to the whole fusion of east meets west specialties fused with traditional Chinese dishes.

This is even more apparent when you go to slightly "more" expensive Chinese restaurants. The chefs at these restaurants definitely will have some specialty of their own.

Oriental Pavilion @ Jaya 33 is fast becoming one of the best Chinese restaurant in Petaling Jaya. They used to be located at Jaya Supermarket but moved to Jaya 33 to a much better and classy looking location. Eating there is considered a special luxury when I feel like splurging a bit on food. Just can't afford expensive Chinese food too often unless special occasions like mom's birthday.

Let me introduce 2 interesting dishes. Firstly, Deep Fried Fish with Wasabi Mayo



When I first heard of this dish, "wasabi mayo"??!!! I was rather reluctant to order as I just could not imagine wasabi, mayo and fried fish together. The restaurant's captain highly recommended the dish and what more it was on promotion (with Citibank card), I went for it!!



The dish came nicely plated. With a huge fish head fried to crispy perfection and all the fillet cut in cubes, deep fried and covered in the wasabi mayo sauce and not forgetting the cubes of honey dew mixed together for the sweet savoury taste. We were ready to dig in.



The verdict - Hmmmm... the blending of wasabi and mayo was done just right. If you don't like wasabi, it's fine, the taste is not too powering. Infact, it is done really well that you only feel the tinge of wasabi at the end of each bite without you having to pant for water. The whole fish is rather big, definitely more than enough for a group of 3-4 people. We could not finish the fish head, so we packed-back the leftovers. Check out my next post to find out what dish I came up with for the leftover deep fried fish head. :)

The second dish I found super interesting is The Ying and Yang Kailan. You may asked what happened to the leaves of the Kailan. The chef actually shredded the leaves to little strands and guess what - deep fried them and the results - wah lah!!!



You will have cripsy vege leaves at the top with crunchy vege stems blanched with special sauce. The combination - yumyum!



There are more yummylicious food at Oriental Restuarant. To me, it is one of the best "premium" restaurant in PJ. I don't mind paying the price if the food is good.
A must go during me and my mom's birthday. Mainly due to the RM50 birthday voucher that they sent me every year without fail :)


Address :
Oriental Pavilion @ Jaya 33
Lot 33, No.3,
Jalan Semangat, Seksyen 13,
46100 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails